Music Recommendation: Korean Songs that I Love Listening to



I love music. I like many Korean artists, here are some songs to check out! Most of the videos have English subtitles on the videos.

IU - Twenty-three (스물셋)

I'm not a huge fan of IU's past works, but her recent album speaks to me because she seems most like herself, instead of the constructed image her company produced and her album/ this song really resonates with me musically and aesthetically.

Sun Woo Jung Ah - 봄처녀 (SPRINGIRLS)

I am new to this artists's work, even though I came across this song a couple of months ago and I absolutely love it. It may not fit in with the current season, but I love the music video and tune a lot. It's a song that definitely resonates with me on an aesthetic level as well as musical one.

Hyukoh - Hooka


I really love Hyukoh's music, very refreshing band to listen to. They have a mixture of musical styles (lo-fi, folk, country, soul) that can appeal to everyone. Oh Hyuk's (singer) voice is lovely to listen to as well. I have a lot of favorites by this band but Hooka, I love listening to a lot even though I didn't know there was an M/V until now.

Primary - Don't be Shy, Island (Ft. Oh Hyuk)


Primary is a music producer that collaborates with other musical acts, and it makes for some heavenly music, I promise. The first video is Don't be Shy, which is obviously reggae influenced and it works so well. It's the first Korean song I've heard that pulls it off so well. The second is Island, which features Oh Hyuk from Hyukoh and is probably my favorite song along with Hooka that Oh Hyuk sings in. I couldn't choose between the two songs, so I put both.


Neon Bunny - It's You, Oh My Prince





I absolutely love Neon Bunny's music, which I came across a couple of years ago. She's a wonderful musician, her voice is dreamy and her music doesn't go lightly on the synth, which is a plus in my book. If you love electropop or synth pop, then you should definitely check her out.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author