I didn't know what to write about so... anime.

I had no idea what to write about and couldn't think of anything technology related so I'm going to talk about my favorite animes. As I was thinking about what were my favorite ones I realized the ones that came to the top of my head were either directed or produced by the same guy, Shinichirō Watanabe. Obviously this guy has managed to appeal to me based on the projects he has worked on and this says something about my taste.

The first anime is my ultimate favorite: Samurai Champloo. The plot, characters, music and animation is on another level. The music blends hip-hop into this anime, which is set in the Edo period and has one of the best openings ever. It turned out to be a favorite immediately after the first episode.

I mean just look at this:
The guy in the red jacket is Mugen and is the personification of capricious.









The second anime is Cowboy Bebop. The ending is unexpected, kind of a cliffhanger and I can't think of an anime that has done what this show did. It managed to effortlessly weave many arcs, displayed character development and provided back story without being too heavy-handed with flashbacks. It has been described as a space western mixed with comedy, crime fiction with a romance arc sprinkled in but not really emphasized.

This is Faye and she's awesome.














The third and last anime is Michiko to Hatchin. This anime is different from the others because it's focused primarily around a child, although the content of the show is something you wouldn't have a child watch based on most of the episodes. To be more specific it's about the misadventures of a mother (Michiko, who is a criminal on the run) and her daughter (Hatchin, who she gave birth to in jail) finding her father. They encounter a gangs, the mob, a traveling circus, and assassins.

On the bike is Hatchin and Michiko and the other woman is Atsuko.










These animes are all worth checking out and here's some basic info on them:


Title Studio Aired Main Characters Episodes
Samurai Champloo Manglobe 2004 Mugen, Fu, Jin 26
Cowboy Bebop Sunrise 1998 Spike, Jet, Faye, Ed(ward), Ein 26
Michiko to Hatchin Manglobe 2008 Michiko, Hatchin, Hiroshi, Atsuko 22

2 comments:

  1. I have never really watched much anime but had a few friends who were really into, so this was actually really interesting to learn a little bit about. I appreciate how much information you provide on this genre, it really shows how much enjoyment you get out of watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I an a new lover of anime and I am head over heals. I mostly watch movies, but I have seen the Host club. Don't judge me. I am excited to watch these shows. I love your table but it would have been great to have an director or place to go in order to find the shows.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
 

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author